Value Adjustment Board Final Meeting
The final meeting of the 2012 Value Adjustment Board will be held on March 12, 2013 at 8:15 AM in the County Commission Conference Room, 315 Court St, 5th floor, Clearwater, FL.
2012 VAB final meeting details
VAB meeting agenda
The Value Adjustment Board (VAB) serves as the decision-making authority when there is disagreement between the property owner and Property Appraiser concerning exemptions, valuations and classifications. Petition filing and scheduled quasi-judicial hearings are handled by the VAB to settle any disputes. The Board Records Department of the Clerk of the Circuit Court has been designated to serve as the Clerk to the Value Adjustment Board and all processes related to VAB are administered by this department.
The current members of the Pinellas County VAB are:
Authority for the VAB is vested through Florida Statute 194.015
- Commissioner John Morroni, Chairman
- Commissioner Norm Roche
- School Board Member Carol Cook
- BCC Appointee Robert Symanski
- School Board Appointee Michael A.J. Bindman
- A $15 non-refundable filing fee must be submitted with each petition UNLESS the petition is appealing the denial of a timely filed application for homestead exemption or denial of a homestead tax deferral. Checks and money orders should be made payable to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Petitions for multiple or contiguous parcels cannot be filed online and must be submitted to the Board Records Department. Please contact Board Records for more information regarding the filing fees and other requirements for these petitions.
- Petitions filed on behalf of a property owner by an unlicensed agent must be signed by the property owner or accompanied by written authorization from the property owner.
- Unless a petition is submitted online, the petition must have the petitioner’s original signature. Copies or faxed petitions will NOT be accepted.
The petition must be submitted on the form issued by the Department of Revenue.
Note: if these petition forms are used, the forms must be printed out and submitted with the applicable filing fees to the:
Board Records Department, 315 Court Street, 5th Floor, Clearwater, FL 33756.
All petitions must be received on or before September 14, 2012. Petitions received after the deadline must be accompanied by written reasons for good cause as to why the petition was submitted after the deadline.
All petitions except petitions for multiple contiguous parcels may be filed online through the Axia program.
Click here to view the status of your online VAB petition.
Value Adjustment Board procedural rules and requirements have been adopted by the Florida Department of Revenue (DOR):
Florida Statute 286.011 is also known as Florida’s Government in the Sunshine Law.
You can obtain the current Government-In-The-Sunshine manual from the Attorney General’s website.
You may view all of the information regarding the Value Adjustment Board process on the DOR website: http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/property/vab/.
F.A.C. 12D-9.017 Ex Parte Communication Prohibition
No participant, including the petitioner, the property appraiser, the board clerk, the special magistrate, a member of a value adjustment board, or other person directly or indirectly interested in the proceeding, nor anyone authorized to act on behalf of any party shall communicate with a member of the board or the special magistrate regarding the issues in the case without the other party being present or without providing a copy of any written communication to the other party.
All questions and concerns should be directed to the Clerk to the Value Adjustment Board which shall ensure that no ex parte communication occurs.
VAB Meeting Agendas
VAB Meeting Minutes
- October 9, 2012
- July 24, 2012
- February 21, 2012
- October 4, 2011
- July 12, 2011
- March 29, 2011
- January 19, 2011
- October 6, 2010
- July 13, 2010
- March 2, 2010
- October 6, 2009
- July 21, 2009
- February 3, 2009
- October 7, 2008
- September 9, 2008
- July 22, 2008
- June 10, 2008
- April 16, 2008
- January 8, 2008
- October 9, 2007
- July 24, 2007
- December 12, 2006
- October 10, 2006
- July 11, 2006
Clerk of the Circuit Court
Board Records Department
315 Court Street, Fifth Floor
Clearwater, FL 33756
Call (727) 464-3458 for more information.
Petitions may also be dropped off at the following locations:
Page last updated 6/7/11