THE ROLE OF THE FINANCE DIVISION:
- Clerk and Accountant of the
Board of County Commissioners
- Custodian of County Funds
The Finance Division, an Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court, is
responsible for financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable,
payroll, Board Records and Financial Information Services.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE FINANCE DIVISION:
As Clerk and Accountant of the Board of County Commissioners, Custodian of
all County Funds, County Auditor and in the role of an Elected Official, the
Clerk of the Circuit Court performs a wide variety of services for the citizens of
Pinellas County including, in part, maintenance of financial records, preparing
reports, investing county funds, pre-auditing of county expenditures and
maintenance of official records of the Board of County Commissioners.
As Accountant of the Board of County
Commissioners & Custodian of County Funds:
As Clerk of the Board of County Commissioners:
- Provides accounting services to all
departments under the Board of County Commissioners.
- Programs and maintains software for
the automated financial accounting system.
- Provides financial reporting for the
Board to federal and state agencies and to the public.
- Handles investments of available
- Processes accounts payable and
- Processes the County payroll.
Other duties assigned include:
- Attends all meetings of the Board of County
Commissioners and other designated County Boards.
- Produces, records, indexes and distributes the
official minutes of these meetings.
Board of County Commissioners' Board meeting minutes
- Maintains legal custody of the Official County Seal.
Maintains custody of all County resolutions,
ordinances and contracts.
The Annual Financial Report produced by the Finance Division;
- Dock permits and other permits for the Water
and Navigation Control Authority are processed in
the Finance Division.
Dock, Dredge & Fill Permits
- Petitions to object to property valuations are
processed and submitted to the Value Adjustment Board through the Finance Division's Board Records division.
Value Adjustment Board
The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
that is produced by the Finance Division is a comprehensive financial report encompassing all
operations of the county. The Finance Division has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement
for Excellence in Financial Reporting for 26 consecutive years, an honor which
bestows national recognition on the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court.