handles court records of estate cases,
guardianships of minors and incapacitated persons, Baker Act cases
involving mental health disorders and Marchman Act cases involving drug and alcohol abuse; and
accepts deposit wills for filing.
Florida Rules of Probate Procedure
Schedule a tour of the Probate department
The Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller offers the legal community an opportunity to tour the Probate operations at the Clearwater and St. Petersburg courthouses. The tours include an overview of document imaging, processing of new cases and, at the Clearwater location, the audit of estates and guardianship cases. For further information or to set up an appointment, visit the Probate Tours page.
To view some Frequently Asked Questions about Probate, click here.
Docket Codes for Attorney Reference:
- CLAC - Clerk's audit completed
- CLRC - Clerk's review completed and it is also used for follow ups to different ticks
- CKWS - Clerk's summary work slip -Audit
- CWSA - Clerk's summary work slip -Estate
- STOP - This code was used to verify that the actual documents were in the court file before sending the file
out of the office.
Since March 2009, Probate no longer creates or utilizes paper files, so this code is no longer used.
Probate Court Records - Locations
315 Court St., Room 106
Clearwater, FL 33756
NORTH COUNTY BRANCH OFFICE
29582 U.S. 19 North
Clearwater, FL 33761
ST. PETERSBURG BRANCH OFFICE
545 First Avenue North
St. Petersburg, FL 33701